Alright friends, the anti-diet is over. In total I’ve gained 8 lbs and 5 inches. I tried to get to 10 lbs but I honestly couldn’t keep feeling as awful as I was. Here is an update on what the past 3 weeks have done to my body and what steps I’m taking to detox all the crap out of my system!
This is me now. If you’re just joining, I took 3 weeks off and did an anti-diet. Pretty much I ate and drank whatever I wanted. I didn’t stick to my Intermittent Fasting (you can find more out here) and I definitely didn’t count my macros. The first week was fun, but by week two I was feeling it. My energy crashed at about 2 PM every day, my sleep was terrible, my skin broke out and I had puffy eyes, I had bloating and A LOT more cellulite, and muscle spasms from lack of proper nutrition. OH and my workouts SUCKED. To get back to my healthiest self this is what I’m doing to do for the next week:
Tips to Losing Holiday Weight Gain
- Herbal detox– I’ll have a great rec for you in a couple days!
- A gallon of water a day. Flush out those toxins!
- An hour of cardio every single day, followed by the sauna for at least 20 minutes. The goal here is to sweat it out.
- Back to intermittent fasting and macros for me!
- A great planner to track my workouts etc.
- A body wrap– I really do feel these help pull SOME of the nasty stuff from the skin. Skin is our biggest organ, so yes it holds onto the damage we do to it. I also have one you can make yourself with essential oils here.
- This tea for in the morning before breakfast.
- A new workout outfit to keep me motivated (and these are all on sale):