Traveling with kids, as I’m sure many of you can tell, is one of the most important things to my family. I know it may sound crazy, but I love traveling with these two rascals! Many of you ask: “Isn’t it stressful?” or “Why would you take them with you?” and I totally get it. Traveling alone or as a couple IS easier. And I do love to travel with just my husband as well. But the memories made, the experiences, the love that comes from a family traveling together is the greatest gift.
Here Are All the Reasons Why Traveling With Kids is so Important
- MANDATORY FAMILY TIME. When we travel, they can’t be distracted by all the things that catch their attention at home, and I can’t either. We are forced to experience new places together and focus all of our attention on it and each other. It’s amazing!
- Kids get excited about things that we don’t. So yes, seeing the Sistine Chapel is going to be breathtaking. But the kids will notice a statue or a street artist that I never would have, and will take such joy in it. It really opens ones eyes to the beauty that is all around!
- Culture! I want my children to learn and respect others’ culture, religion, point of view etc.
- At their ages right now, I can take them out of school with no hassle. They also travel exceptionally well at these ages (2 and 4). I did hear that you can take kids out of regular school for “cultural experiences” and I would love to continue doing one big trip a semester with them.
- I moved 11 times before I was 14 AND my parents always took us on road trips. It taught me to make friends easily, and that family is THE most important thing. I believe traveling does the same thing.