I’ll be honest, I was having a realllll hard time with turning 30. Like, minor freak outs, not wanting to celebrate it at all kind of hard time. I swear I was just 21 yesterday and now I’m 30! Where the hell did the last 30 years go? There are so many things I thought I would’ve done by now that I just haven’t yet, and I felt like time was only gonna speed up, not slow down.
All that being said, I planned a fun trip with Visit Orlando for the family (post coming this week). My nephews, my MIL and my SIL all came with the kids and I. We had a fantastic time! Memories were made that will last a life time, not just 30 years. So I was already feeling better about my looming big day. Then after a 7 hour drive home on my birthday, I walk into my house to see almost all my favorite people there to surprise me.
I had NO idea. Not a peep!!! My girlfriends even threw me off the scent with trying to plan something for next week. It was one of the best nights of my life. And it showed me so many things. So this is what I’ve learned in the last 30 years:
- Marry someone who makes you a better person. Who holds you to a higher standard and helps you to achieve that standard.
- Friendship is golden. Find your tribe and hold them close. Having great friends makes this whole crazy life worth living.
- Forgiveness is key. We all make mistakes and we all screw up. Forgive and let live. I promise it’ll make your life less complicated.
- Put the phone down. This is something that I constantly struggle with, as I know most of us do! But the most amazing moments happen beyond that screen. So put it down and actually look at whats around you.
- Laugh. Laugh and dance and be ridiculous. Time does fly by, so enjoy! Who cares what people think.
I am now so excited about what my 30s will bring! I can’t wait to see where we end up in the next 30 years!