This post is sponsored by the Georgia Watermelon Association. I only work with brands I truly love, so thank you for helping me to support them.
Since our trip to London, I have been on a total Prosecco kick. I love the light and crisp taste of Prosecco, but I wanted to put a southern twist on it. I added my favorite fruit, watermelon, to my favorite wine and TA DAAAA the best watermelon cocktail was born: The Watermelon Fizz. Here is my simple and easy summer recipe,
The Best Watermelon Cocktail: Watermelon Fizz Recipe
Ingredients For Your Watermelon Cocktail:
- Fresh local watermelon
- TBSP measuring spoon
- champagne glass
How to make this delish watermelon cocktail:
- Chill prosecco for at least 2 hours. Get out all of your champagne glasses.
- Slice watermelon in half. Use the TBSP measuring spoon to scoop out little watermelon balls as shown above.
- You CAN freeze the watermelon balls for an hour or more if you wish- it insures the prosecco stays cool for longer. You don’t have to though!
- Scoop at least 5 watermelon balls into each champagne glass, then fill up with prosecco.
- ENJOY! It’s the perfect hot weather drink.
Whether you’re a cocktail connoisseur or just a person who enjoys a good drink, I promise you will enjoy this summer watermelon cocktail specialty. There is nothing sweeter or more fresh than a Georgia watermelon! Especially during the summer months. Add the crisp bubbles from Prosecco and you will wish you’d thought of this cocktail sooner.
Do you have a watermelon cocktail recipe you’d like to share with me?!