2 weeks ago I had the pleasure of visiting New York City, thanks to my friends at CVS. Not so pleasurably, I got pretty severe food poisoning and ended up in the hospital. But that’s a tale for a different blog post. For this post I want to share the restaurants and hot spots I had planned for this 48 hour stint in New York!
48 Hour NYC Travel Guide
I read tons of reviews online, and planned my shopping and eating around the location of my hotel (the Dream Midtown). To help my plans, I also talked to my friend Chanel. She put together this amazing Epic Desserts to Eat in NYC blog post which convinced me I had to try:
- DO– the cookie dough cafe! I am a cookie dough fanatic and can’t wait to try this place!
- I also earmarked these three restaurants:
- Rustic Table– As you know, I try to stay on my clean eating streak as much as possible when traveling. Rustic Table has tons of healthy and delicious options!
- Freshark Juice Bar and Grill– I’ve actually tried this already and it’s DELISH! You must try the Friends with Benefits juice.
- Agern– Power breakfast special or bust!
- Glam Squad– have the ladies come doll you up with a manicure, pedicure, makeover, and/or hairdo! They’re the only reason I don’t look deathly in these photos.
- Bite Beauty Lip Lab– where you can custom make a lipstick including color, finish and scent!
- Matt Bernson shoes– Some of the comfiest and cutest shoes out there! I have the pink gladiators on their way to me now.
- Free People by Rockefeller Center- by far my favorite store EVER! Pus, there’s an Anthro and an H&M nearby as well.
- Barney’s New York- because it’s iconic and let’s all DROOL over the shoes
- Saks off Fifth- for the same reason!
My absolute favorite part of this entire NYC trip was, of course, the #discovercvs experience. I was lucky enough to see all of the new programs and products that CVS is bringing to their stores this year. Let me just tell you- prepare to be blown away! I’m not being dramatic by saying this. Just to give you an idea:
- There will be an even more interactive curbside service where you can order your groceries and pick them up.
- One-stop shopping will include visiting the eye doctor AT CVS!
- Healthy and allergy-friendly foods will line the shelves- including gluten and dairy free options. Even paleo snacks!
- Beauty items galore, like those Japanese face masks that everyones raving about. There’s no need to order them online anymore, you can just get them in store.
- Fitness trackers etc will also be available in store!
I honestly don’t know why I, or anyone else in their right minds, will need to shop anywhere else! Hope you enjoyed this NYC Travel Guide!