If you saw our screened in porch renovation, then you may have noticed we had an empty space near the door. We obviously needed a bar! So my husband, my mom and I put together this Pallet Bar DIY. Thanks for the opportunity to share this fun project Wayfair!
Pallet Bar DIY- How to build your own pallet bar.
- 3 pallets
- 100 wood screws
- 1 cordless drill
- 1 saw saw
- 1 22.5×8 plywood
- 1 72×17.25 plywood
- 1 42×8 plywood
- Wood stain of your choice- I did traditional cherry
- 3 sponge brushes for staining
- Towels you don’t mind throwing away after
- First, break down the 3 pallets by using a saw saw. You’ll take the saw saw and split the pallet in two.
- You’ll build the front of the bar by screwing the 1×4 pallet boards to the 2×4 pallet boards.
- Next, screw the side boards to the extra 2x4s (this is for support).
- Install them to the front of the bar, creating the sides.
- Create a base for the bar by screwing 2x4s horizontally between the vertical 2x4s (mentioned above).
- Then, get your pieces of plywood cut to correct size. You can get this done at any home improvement store.
- Next, install additional 2x4s horizontally to the top of the bar to support the bar top.
- Screw the bar top onto the bar.
- Place the bar on several towels so you can stain it.
- Stain the bar! It only needs one coat as pallet wood is very porous. Make sure to swipe the stain on in either vertical or horizontal stripes (whichever you feel more comfortable with). Let it dry for 24 hours and go back to touch up any spaces you may have missed.