This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PickedAtPeak #CollectiveBias
Cooler weather means it’s soup season!! I am a lover of all things slow cooker, so I played around with some ingredients until I found the perfect family recipe: Quinoa Minestrone Soup. This is a vegetarian soup that is so delicious yet nutritious!
Slow Cooker Quinoa Minestrone Soup
*All ingredients were found at Walmart!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Jar Prego Farmers' Market® Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 Onion- finely chopped
- 3 Sweet Peppers- thinly sliced
- 2 Stalks of Celery- chopped
- 2 Cups Vegetarian Broth
- 1 Can Kidney Beans
- 1 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 TSP Parsley
- Garlic Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- The most simple recipe out there- throw all of the ingredients into the crockpot. Set it on low and let it simmer for 6 hours.
- Depending on your crockpot, you may need to cook for a bit longer. Slowly add in the garlic salt and pepper until just the right amount of spices!
- You an also add some red pepper flakes for a little fire!
I love this Prego Farmers’ Market® Roasted Garlic sauce! Not only is it great for pasta, but it made this soup even easier to make and more delicious. As kids I know we all had Prego sauce, and I so appreciate their new focus to bring the farmers market to the table. This new sauce is made from tomatoes picked at their peak of ripeness, insuring the best taste possible. Prego Farmers’ Market® is also much simpler- only vine-ripened tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, black pepper and oregano. I can’t wait for you to try this delicious recipe- let me know how you and your family love it!