This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ThrowbackSoda #CollectiveBias
Nothing like a good ol’ fashioned ice cream bar to start a party off right, am I right? I have been CRAVING a root beer float for quite some time, so I wanted to incorporate it into my next party. Then I ran across these glass soda bottles and had to buy them ALL. Even the Yoo-Hoo. Thus came about my Ice Cream Float Bar.
Here is what you’ll need for your float bar:
- 1 pack Orange Crush *old school glass bottles work best
- 1 pack Strawberry Crush *old school glass bottles work best
- 1 pack Yoo-Hoo *old school glass bottles work best
- 1 pack IBC Cream Soda *old school glass bottles work best
- 1 pack IBC Root Beer *old school glass bottles work best
- 1 carton chocolate ice cream
- 1 carton vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar hot fudge sauce
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- 1 small jar cherries
- 1 big canister rainbow sprinkles
- 1 bag hard shell chocolate rainbow candies
- 1 can whipped cream
- 1 package straws (I bought the rainbow 16 pack)
- 8 glasses (or however many guests you are expecting)
- 1 galvanized tub to hold the sodas
As you can see, I based the whole bar off of a vintage candy shop vibe, all because of the fun old school glass bottles the sodas and Yoo-Hoo came in. I grew up drinking Crush and Yoo-Hoo and still get cravings for it today. I do appreciate that IBC and Crush use real sugar instead of sucralose to sweeten their drinks, and at $2.75 a pop it’s a deal! There’s also a rebate on Ibotta for Buy 2 Get $1.75 when you purchase any IBC/Crush/Yoo-hoo. There’s never been a better time to host your own Ice Cream Float Bar. Be the hero of your family with these products and create a sweet treat to celebrate every day.
Out of all the concoctions we made, my favorite was the Orange Creamsicle Float. To make your own Orange Creamsicle Float, you will need:
- 1 bottle Orange Crush
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 TBSp Hot Fudge Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Rainbow Sprinkles
- Whipped Cream to Garnish
- Rainbow Colored Candy Stick to Garnish
To make the Orange Creamsicle Float:
- Dip the rim of the glass in hot fudge sauce. The immediately dip it in rainbow sprinkles and twist until you have a fun rainbow rim.
- Put two scoops of ice cream in the glass, then pour the Orange Crush on top, nice and slow so it doesn’t overflow.
- Garnish with whipped cream and candy stick.
What recipe would you create with your ice cream bar?