Still have leftover turkey? Even if you don’t, these fun and healthy recipes will make you want more! Below are my recipes for Turkey Wild Rice Soup and Turkey and Spinach Pitas. The secret ingredient? A little shop called Garlic Festival Foods.
- 4 thick slices of Turkey, cut into chunks
- 1 cup spinach
- Half a red pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Garli Garni Garlic Festival seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat baking sheet with a little coconut oil.
- Place pitas on baking sheet and then slice open if not pre-sliced.
- Place turkey, then cheese, then peppers, then spinach and top with Garli Garni seasoning.
- Let bake for 10 minutes or until light brown and cheese is all melted.
- 36 oz. Low sodium turkey broth
- 10 Baby carrots sliced thinly
- 3 Stalks of celery, sliced thinly
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Package quinoa and brown rice
- 1/8 of an onion, minced
- 2 TSP Garli Ghetti Seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- Gruyere Cheese to garnish
- Pour all ingredients into the crockpot and set on low.
- Let simmer for 3 hours.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with some Gruyere cheese and Garli Ghetti.
You’ll notice I used two different seasonings from Garlic Festival Foods. One, the Garli Getti, is a cheesy garlic seasoning that tastes superb in soups, pastas, and even sandwiches. The other, Garli Garni, is my favorite. It’s an all-purpose garlic seasoning that can be put on ANYTHING! Seriously. And it tastes superb. We’ve used it on our sandwiches, in our soups, and on the grill and have loved every bite.
I’ve always cooked with garlic as it’s a great replacement for salt AND it has so many health benefits. It’s been shown to lower cholesterol and blood pressure, as well as containing antycarcinogens. So when I found out about Garlic Festival Foods I had to try their line of goods. Whoa nelly was I not disappointed! I know I’ll never be able to live without Garli Garni, but I am also a huge fan of the Pickled Garlic and the Garli Glaze. My mom, a huge olive fan, is also asking for more garlic stuffed olives for her stocking this year. Make sure to check out their website for all your spice needs, especially during this holiday season!
You can find Garlic Festival Foods: